Our Picks For The 5 Best Drones 2019
Here is our list of best drones 2019.
A neighbor of mine, who knows that Willi and I research, buy, test, and review products, asked me to find a new drone for his adult son’s upcoming birthday. I told him that of course, I would and then proceeded to ask him his budget, which turned out to be $300 or under. So, I went searching for the five best drones within his price range on Amazon.
Since we try our best to focus on reviewing products under one hundred dollars, I told him there was no way I could actually buy and test new drones.
But, I did use my years of experience researching products on Amazon to find him five drones to choose from, of which he bought and gave one to his son.
In addition to price, there were six other requirements that had to be met, including:
- Size (small-medium)
- Camera Quality (HD)
- Ease of Use
- Ability to Purchase Directly from Manufacture (On Amazon)
All of these requirements meant one thing: no matter what my neighbor’s son would be getting the best drone that his dad could buy.
With that being said, below is the exact list of the best drones 2019 I created for him.
The five best drones 2019 on Amazon
1. Holy Stone HS100 GPS FPV RC Drone with Camera
This was my recommendation for my neighbor because it had everything on my list plus some extras.
Features of the Holy Stone HS100 Drone include:
- GPS assisted flight: Provides accurate positioning details of your drone. A built-in Return-to-Home (RTH) function for safer flight meaning your drone will automatically return home when its battery gets low or when the signal gets weak due to flying out of range. With the Holy Stone HS100 you’ll never have to worry about losing your drone.
- Fully optimized 1080P 120° FOV FPV Wi-Fi camera: Captures HQ video and aerial photos. Operate a real-time viewing option directly from your remote control. Up to a 90° adjustable angle. Perfect for commercial use such aerial photography.
- Follow me mode: Automatically follows and captures you wherever and whenever you move. Easier to get complex shots. Hands-free flying with options for taking selfies.
- Up to 15 minutes flying time with Longer control distance: Capacity of 2500mAh high-performance battery. Can reach up to 500m control distance providing you longer flights.
- One key takeoff and landing for easier operation: Never worry about orientation because with the press of a button your drone will rise to height or land.
- Headless mode and altitude hold. These features make it easier to take aerial shots and shoot aerial videos.
- Perfect for beginners: The Holy Stone HS100 drone makes it easier for beginners to learn to fly.
2. Potensic T18 Drone
The Potensic T18 offers great value for the price and includes the following features:
- Dual GPS: Comes with GPS and GLONASS positioning which will provide you with accurate positioning details. Also includes auto return, low power return and no signal return.
- Follow Me Mode: Follow the GPS from your smartphone. This ensures your drone will automatically follow and capture you wherever you move.
- All-Round Functions: Offers headless mode plus altitude hold and one-key takeoff and landing for easier operation. Quick orientation meaning with a simple press of a button your drone will rise to height or land. Perfect for beginners.
- 1080P (SD Card required) HD Wi-Fi Camera: Captures high-quality video and aerial photos with high-speed picture transmission without delay. Up to a 90° adjustable angle.
- Farther Control Distance: Can fly up to 300m.
- Perfect for beginners: The Potensic T18 drone is ideal for those looking to learn how to fly a drone.
3. Holy Stone HS110D
The Holy Stone HS110D drone is the top-selling drone on Amazon in the Pre-Built Model Spacecraft and includes the following features:
- HD Camera: Includes a FOV 120° 720P HQ camera
- Altitude Hold: Suspend your drone in mid-air even with your hands off the joystick for hands-free hovering.
- Headless Mode: Orientation of your drone is in relation you the pilot which makes it easier to control and fly back when your drone is out of your sight. Great for taking aerial photos and shooting aerial video.
- Modular Battery and Camera: Comes with a 3.7V 1000mAh high capacity battery that allows longer flying times and offers more convenience and safety. *PLEASE CHARGE YOUR DRONE WITH THE ORIGINAL CHARGING CABLE FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY.
- Mobile Control: Fly your drone through an app in your smartphone and also activate multiple functions within the app including the operation of the camera and flight.
- Beginner Friendly: Easy to fly with a stable flight experience makes the Holy Stone HS110D a great drone for beginners.
You can’t go wrong with the best-selling drone on Amazon.
4. Captain S5C Drone
I had to include the Snaptain S5C WiFi drone on the list due to the many functions and features offered including:
- User-Friendly: Simply press one button and your drone will take off, land, or return to you. Includes smart voice control and headless mode.
- Long Flights: Provides video transmission within a range of up to 80m.
- Easy Video Uploading: Edit HD footage and directly upload it to social media from your iPhone or iPad. All video clips are automatically saved to the Micro SD card.
- Safe to Fly: Includes protective propeller guards to ensure safe flights. Built with HQ ABS material.
- Steady and Trackable Flight: Altitude hold function ensures a steady hover in the air at any given altitude. Great for aerial pictures and videos.
- Trajectory Flight function is the latest technology that works by drawing a flight course using the touch screen on your smartphone and the drone will fly the set course accordingly.
- Gravity Control: Comes with a built-in gravity sensor that allows you to control your drone by adjusting the vertical and horizontal position of your smartphone via the Snaptain Era App downloadable on iOS and Android App market.
The Snaptain S5C Drone is great for beginners offered at an affordable price.
5. Potensic D80 Drone
The second Potensic drone to make the list. The Potensic D80 offers great value for the price and includes the following features and functions:
- Strong Brushless Motors: Comes with a 7.4V 1800mAh smart lithium battery that offers up to 20 mins of flight time. Also works with Electronic Speed Controllers (ESCs).
- Dual GPS Mode: Includes automatic, low power, and no signal return.
- Greater Control Distance: Offers 500 – 600 meters control range with a maximum of 800m with no signal interference.
- Supports 5.0 GHz Wi-Fi Zero Latency Transmit. Real-time FPV Full 1080P transmission distance is 300 – 500 meters. (SD card is required）
- High-Speed Levels – Speeds up to 25 mph. Please be careful and adjust your drone’s speed accordingly.
The Potensic D80 Drone will no doubt be a joy to fly.
Well, there you have it, my list of the 5 best drones 2019.
Please make sure to do your own research before you buy your new drone and remember – you get what you pay for.
In my opinion, you can’t go wrong with any of these drones but my choice would be the Holy Stone HS100 Drone, which is the one I recommended my neighbor buy for his son, which he did.
His son could not be happier with the new drone that he uses for his business as a real estate agent.
I hope you end up happy with your new drone as well.
- Photo Courtesy of Andres Prieto Molina via Unsplash