Instant Pot DUO60 Review
Instant Pot DUO60 Review 2019
Raising a family in today’s day and age requires the one thing that most parents don’t have enough of – time.
Working and taking care of children can leave little time for things like preparing healthy, delicious dinners.
In fact, a 2017 study done by Ed Yoon in the Harvard Business Review showed that 45% of those polled hate to cook, 10% love it, and 45% have no real opinion one way of the other.
A Bureau of Labor and Statistics report showed that the average American household spent $3008.00 per year dining out and only $4015.00 eating at home.
This is a huge shift from decades past and the main culprit is time.
But what if there was a way to cheat time in order to prepare healthy dinners for your family?
Well, the Instant Pot DUO60 6-Quart Pressure Cooker does just that. It allows you to prepare healthy meals in a fraction of the time other methods take.
We are providing you this honest and unbiased Instant Pot DUO60 review in order to save you time while helping you decide if the Instant Pot is right for you and your family.
Here’s a quick rundown of what we’ll provide in this Instant Pot DUO60 review
- First, we list everything an instant pot DUO60 includes
- Next, we’ll take a look at the features and benefits that you’ll find useful plus the drawbacks you need to know about
- Then we’ll tell you a bit about Instant Brands Inc.
- Next is our YouTube video review for those who prefer videos
- Following this, we’ll provide our personal review
- After this, we’ll give you an overall product score based on price, design, quality, and ease of use
- Finally, we’ll provide you with an overall summary of our Instant Pot DUO60 review
If this sounds good to you then let’s get started!
The Instant Pot DUO60 7 in 1 includes
- Exterior Unit– (brushed stainless steel)
- Stainless steel inner cooking pot made that contains no chemical coating and is built for even heat distribution
- Steam Rack (perfect for steaming vegetables and seafood)
- Lid Holder (for left or righthanded users)
- Removable Cord (perfect for travel)
- Manual (with recipes)
Features and benefits of the Instant Pot DUO60 6 Quart Pressure Cooker
- 7 in 1 Functions (pressure cooker, slow cooker, steamer, yogurt maker, sauté, rice cooker, and warmer)
- 14 Smart Programs (Soups, Stews, Beans/Chili, Poultry, Sauté/Simmer, Rice, Multigrain, Porridge, Steam, Slow Cook)
- One-Touch Controls (ease of use)
- Dual Pressure Settings
- Reduces Cooking Times
- Ability to Keep Food Warm
- Adjustable Temperature Settings
- Dishwasher Safe
- UL and ULC Certified
- 10 Built-In Safety Mechanisms
- Removable Cord
- Sleek Modern Design
Special Features of the Instant Pot DUO60 Pressure Cooker
- High-Quality Stainless Steel (built with high-quality, food grade 304 stainless steel)
- 3-Ply Bottom (ensures even heat distribution)
- Latest Technology (built with the latest 3rd generation technology)
- Free App Recipes (for smartphones and tablets)
Drawbacks (Cons) for the Instant Pot DUO60 7 in 1 Pressure Cooker
- Weight (11.8 pounds)
- Short Cord (we prefer longer cords)
- Learning Curve (can take time to adjust to pressure cooking)
- Durability (some say theirs only lasted a year)
About Instant Brands Inc. makers of the Instant Pot DUO60 Pressure Cooker
It all began in 2006 when The Midea Group, who would eventually go on to manufacture the instant pot under Instant Brands Inc., patented a multi-use pressure that was a precursor to the instant pot. In 2008 Robert Wang and Yi Quin and a friend started designing the instant pot with both being credited for inventing the Instant Pot as we know it today.
In March 2019, Instant Brand Inc. entered into a merger agreement with Corelle Brands and Mr. Wang becoming the Chief Innovative Officer.
YouTube Video: Instant Pot DUO 60 review
Instant Pot DUO60 reviews
When it comes to making purchases in today’s modern age, we the consumer have a distinct advantage over consumers past because we have the ability to read product reviews rather than take a brand’s word about how good their product is.
Having this kind of information not only saves time, which busy parents have little of, but reviews can also save money.
Never take one person’s opinion about a product. Rather, use the information that is readily available at your fingertips to ensure you are making the best buying choices possible for your budget. You can find reviews from verified Amazon purchasers here.
Below is our personal Instant Pot DUO60 review.
Our personal Instant Pot DUO6o review
Although I have not personally used the Instant Pot DUO60, Willi has and she absolutely loves it.
What she loves the most is the time in which the instant pot cooks food. Willi has been cooking for years and has never been able to prepare food so fast.
In addition to the fast cooking times, we love the taste of the food. The instant pot is designed to capture foods flavor by locking in the aromas, which infuses flavors into the food.
Next is the variety of foods that can be cooked. From soups and stews to yogurt and everything in between, the Instant Pot 7 in 1 replaces many traditional cookware items.
Finally, there’s the value. Since the instant pot is able to prepare food in different ways, its value is apparent.
The only drawback for Willi was the weight, it’s a little heavy, and the length of the cord, which she wished was longer.
If properly used and maintained the Instant Pot DUO60 will provide a safe, fast way to prepare your families meals for years to come.
With all that being said, we can give you our recommendation. Go ahead and purchase your new Instant Pot, you’ll be glad you did!
Where to Buy Instant Pot DUO60 6 Quart 7 in 1 Pressure Cooker
The Instant DUO60 is available at most major brick-and-mortar retailers like Walmart, Target, and Best Buy.
However, we purchased ours here on Amazon.
By using Amazon, we are able to purchase products directly from the manufactures of the products we test and review.
Furthermore, Amazon has, by far, the vast majority of product reviews online, which give consumers a broader look at how good or not a product is, like the Instant Pot DUO60.
Summary of our Instant Pot DUO60 Review
After buying and putting the Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt. 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker to the test we can without a doubt that we love it, as do thousands of others who have purchased one. On Amazon alone, it has over 10,000 reviews. There are some who say theirs didn't last but a year or so, and not everyone was happy with their purchase. Please make sure you don't just take our word for it but read as many reviews from verified purchasers as you can. Thank you for reading our Instant Pot DUO60 review.
- 7-in-1 Functions
- 14 Smart Programs
- Fast Cooking Times
- 10 Built-in Safety Mechanisms
- Short Cord
- Heavy (11.8 pounds)
- Length of Use (some say a year or less)